Serenity in the sand

Serenity in the sand

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Shaped by the winds of humanity

Yeahuda Amichai once said, "jerusalem is a port city on the shore of eternity." It is hard to speak of my experience here without speaking about my relationship with God. I believe in God, but I am also very private about my belief, possibly too private. However I know that he is there. I am shaped by God, much like the abrasive wind shapes an immovable mountain to form immaculate and unique shapes. In a big way, I have come to know myself more in the last two months, than I have in the last twenty-three years. I have come to the cross roads of the world, and have been changed by the people that I found there.

My dad once told me that we travel to meet people, and in that way to be influenced by them. If we aren't changed by the people around us, then I don't think that we can truly be who God wants us to be. The greatest men and women I have ever met, were people of different faiths. Their talents and passions were rich and diverse, and they have made me who I am today. I haven't met a single person who hasn't in one way or another shaped the mountain that I am becoming.

I guess really what I am trying to say, is that the port city of eternity isn't Jerusalem itself, but the people that we come in contact with day by day.

So change their lives, let them change yours, and become a mountain. 



No comments:

Post a Comment